Take 50% off our Virtual Assistant service onboarding fee thru 1/31!
HR Assessments & Audits
A Human Resources Audit (or HR Audit) is a comprehensive method (or means) to review current human resources policies, procedures, documentation, and systems. This thorough review helps to identify needs for improvement and enhancement of the HR function. In addition, it helps to assess compliance with ever-changing rules and regulations. An Audit involves systematically reviewing all aspects of human resources, usually in a checklist fashion.
A properly executed Audit will reveal problem areas and provide recommendations and suggestions for the remedy of these problems.
Some of the reasons to conduct such a review include:
- Ensuring the effective utilization of the organization’s human resources
- Reviewing compliance in relation to the administration of the organization
- Instilling a sense of confidence in management and the human resources function
- Maintaining or enhancing the organization and the department’s reputation in the community
- Performing “due diligence” review for shareholders/potential investors/owners/board of directors
- Establishing a baseline for future improvement for the function
Sections of review include:
- Hiring and Onboarding
- Review employee classification
- Performance evaluation process
- Termination process and exit interviews
- Job descriptions
- Form review
- Personnel file review